Information Change

Change in Program or Concentration

Students wishing to change their program of study after being admitted must complete a Change of Major/Minor/Concentration form request to the Office of the Registrar. The request form is available on Gateway. Students will be notified by the Graduate Program Director after a decision is reached.

Address Change

Students are required to report both their local and permanent addresses and phone numbers to the Registrar's Office at the time of registration and to report any changes afterwards. The University maintains several addresses for each student:

Name Change

To change a legal name to a new legal name, the student must fill out an Information Change form in the Registrar's Office and submit it with a copy of the signed court order showing the authorized new legal name. To change a last name after marriage, the student fills out an Information Change form and presents a copy of the marriage certificate. A female student who wishes to discontinue the use of her married name in order to resume the use of her maiden name or a different name must present a divorce decree or signed court order showing court restoration of the maiden or acceptance of another name. The previous name appears on the transcript header.

Social Security Change

To register a Social Security number, mail or bring a copy of your Social Security card to the Registrar's Office so that we may update your records.